Homecoming.

Friday, January 27, 2012

Almost a year ago, Sgt. Holden was deployed to Kuwait.  His wife, who is also a good friend of mine, asked if I would photograph his homecoming when he got back in a year.  Now, I have a lot of people ask me to photograph a lot of things very far in advance.   Sometimes it ends up happening, but most of the time it doesn't.  Now, cut to November, I get an email saying that Sgt. Holden is now returning between Thanksgiving and Christmas and I'm getting to take a trip to Ft. Hood, Texas.  To say the least, I was BEYOND excited.  Homecoming ceremonies are the absolute best thing to photograph, EVER. Everyone is filled with joy and excitement, the only tears are joyful.  Seriously, nothing could get anyone down.  Even when there is a very long wait in the cold, rainy weather.  Ok, now I'll stop blabbing and show you some of these pictures!  Welcome home, Sgt. Holden!













































0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

Missy Allen Photography All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger